- 1 Introduction
- 2 Chicken Quesadilla
- 3 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 4 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 5 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 7 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 8 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, or to taste
- 9 salt to taste
- 10 ground black pepper to taste
- 11 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 12 1/4 cup salsa (optional)
- 13 Everyone will love your quesadilla
- 14 Conclusion
You’ve got to be a real culinary artist to make the perfect quesadilla. This dish is an artful collaboration between chicken, cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese and sour cream. It’s time to get creative with your own quesadillas!
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1/4 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/4 cup salsa
2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- Add the chicken to a bowl and mix well with salt and pepper. Allow to cool, then shred with two forks.
- Add shredded chicken back into the pan along with remaining ingredients (including cheese) and mix well before folding over into tortilla shape using tongs or fingers; place on plate when finished cooking!
1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
If you’re making this for yourself, it’s best to use shredded cheese. This will give your quesadilla a more authentic texture and flavor. For example, if you’re making a chicken quesadilla and want to use cheddar cheese as the main ingredient (which is what most people do), then all of us at home will know that it’s not “authentic.” You can always add some other kinds of cheeses later on—we recommend using Monterey Jack or another mild-flavored cheese such as mozzarella or brie—to make things even more interesting!
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
The cheese is the most important part of any dish, and in this case it’s not just a garnish. The sharp cheddar cheese adds flavor, texture and moisture to your quesadilla.
You can find shredded sharp cheddar at most grocery stores or you can make it yourself using packaged shredded mozzarella cheese.
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
Mayonnaise is an emulsion of oil and water. You can make it at home by combining 1 egg yolk with 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon lemon juice and 2 teaspoons lemon zest.
Mayonnaise is a good source of fat and protein. It’s used in many dishes including sandwiches, salads, quesadillas, chicken dishes such as this recipe for Chicken Quesadilla Recipe that I’m sharing today with you!
2 tablespoons sour cream
Sour cream, also known as Mexican sour cream and crema Mexicana in Spanish, is a common ingredient in Mexican cuisine. It’s made from cream that has been fermented and often contains chile peppers.
This recipe calls for 2 tablespoons of sour cream per serving. The calcium found in this dairy product helps keep your bones strong as they grow throughout life.
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, or to taste
Garlic powder is a dry powder made from ground garlic. It can be used as an alternative to fresh garlic in many recipes, and it adds a pleasant layer of flavor when added to foods at the end of cooking. Garlic powder should be stored in a cool, dry place such as an air-tight container in your pantry.
salt to taste
Salt (sodium chloride) is a mineral that helps regulate blood pressure and regular heartbeat. It’s also used as an electrolyte to help your body absorb other minerals, including calcium, magnesium and potassium. Salt is important for many functions in the body like absorbing water during digestion or regulating body temperature
ground black pepper to taste
Sprinkle black pepper over the chicken.
- How much to use? It’s easy to add too much, but it’s also easy not to add enough. You’ll know if you’ve used too much when the mixture doesn’t look right; unseasoned stuff is usually fine, but something with a lot of flavor will ruin your dish if there isn’t enough pepper in it.
- How do I measure it? Measuring by weight is best—just dump a handful of ground black pepper into a bowl and then use your kitchen scale or eye ball it until everything looks right! If you don’t have either of those tools handy (and why would you?), use an empty mug instead! Just make sure that when measuring out those ounces/grams/milsilks etc., they’re measured at room temperature–they’ll all get lumpy otherwise! Don’t worry about being precise here – just eyeball it until everything looks good enough for eating 🙂
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
Cilantro is a great addition to the quesadilla. It adds a lot of flavor and freshness that you wouldn’t get from just adding chopped onion or bell peppers into the mix. Cilantro can be easily grown at home, so if you’re looking for an easy way to add more cilantro into your life, this is it!
You can use this same method with other herbs like basil, mint or chives (just substitute those for cilantro).
1/4 cup salsa (optional)
If you want to add more spice to the quesadilla, try adding hot sauce. We suggest using a mild salsa for this recipe—you can always add more if you like it spicier!
Everyone will love your quesadilla
It’s a good idea to get the ingredients ready before you start cooking.
The best thing about this recipe is that you can use chicken, beef or pork meat as well as any cheese you like and salsa. You can also add some veggies like bell peppers, mushrooms and onions. If you have time for it, I recommend adding some herbs such as parsley or basil to give it an extra special kick!
This recipe is the perfect meal for a busy weeknight. It has all of the ingredients you need to make it in one pan and it’s so easy to prepare! If you like, feel free to add some fresh cilantro when serving or even salsa if you want more flavor. Enjoy!