- 1 Introduction
- 2 Mexican Rice
- 3 Rinse rice in cold water until the water is clear.
- 4 In a medium saucepan, place rice and 1 1/2 cups of water.
- 5 Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- 6 Remove the lid and add butter and salt. Stir until butter is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- 7 Mexican rice is easy to make!
- 8 Conclusion
This is my favorite type of rice. It’s easy to make and really delicious. The addition of butter gives it an extra creamy texture that you won’t find in other Mexican rice recipes.
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 medium white onion
Rinse rice in cold water until the water is clear.
Rinse the rice under cold running water until the water runs clear. This removes any excess starch from the surface of the grains, which can make them sticky and clumpy when cooked.
Rinsing also helps prevent overcooking and allows for more even cooking throughout your dish.
When you’re ready to cook your Mexican rice, bring 4 cups of water in a medium saucepan or pot to a boil over high heat with 1 teaspoon salt (or more if desired). Add 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice and bring back up to boil then reduce heat down so that it simmers gently for 15 minutes covered with lid slightly askew on top off heat source while stirring occasionally until all liquid has been absorbed by rice kernels themselves leaving no excess liquid behind at bottom, sides or corners inside bottom surface area where food sits during cooking process–this prevents sticking together when finished cooking process begins!
In a medium saucepan, place rice and 1 1/2 cups of water.
- In a medium saucepan, place rice and 1 1/2 cups of water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to low and cover the pan (the lid should rest directly on top of the rice). Cook for 15 minutes or until all liquid has been absorbed by the rice
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer for 15 minutes.
Bring the rice, chicken broth and 1/2 cup of water to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
Remove the lid and add butter and salt. Stir until butter is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Oops! Click Regenerate Content below to try generating this section again.
Mexican rice is easy to make!
- Use a medium saucepan to boil the water.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of water to the saucepan and bring it to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to low and cover the pan with its lid or foil.
- Simmer for 15 minutes (or until rice is tender). Remove lid, add butter and salt; stir until butter is melted into rice. Let stand 5 minutes before serving hot with Mexican foods like tacos or enchiladas!
Mexican rice is a great side dish to have with tacos or burritos. It’s easy to make and can be served with a lot of different types of food. We hope you enjoyed learning how to make Mexican rice!