Recipe adaptation: Oreo Cheesecake using Chocolate Chip Cookie Crust. Resulting recipe uses 8 oz cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 tsp vanilla extract and 3 eggs.
To make the Oreo crust I mixed 2 cups of Oreos with 4 tbsp melted butter in a food processor until it was crumbly and there were no whole chunks left (you can use the food processor to crush them down if you want). I then added one egg at a time until it came together into a ball (this is how you know your crust is done).
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 11/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- The Oreo crust is made with Oreos, butter and sugar.
- The Oreo crust is rolled out and cut into circles.
- The Oreo crust is baked in the oven.
- The Oreo crust is cooled before slicing into pieces for serving with your cheesecake recipe
8 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
You can use a soft buttercream frosting recipe instead of the cream cheese frosting recipe. It will be a little easier to work with but still delicious!
15 oz (1 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp) sugar
Sugar is the main ingredient in the cheesecake. It’s what gives it its sweet and creamy texture, as well as its lightness and fluffiness. Sugar also helps preserve the fruit filling by drawing out moisture, which prevents it from drying out as quickly on your tongue as other fruits would when cooked down in a water bath or simmered on their own for several hours in heavy cream.
Sugar makes any baked good taste better—and if you’re making cookies, cakes or anything else that involves baking ingredients into familiar forms like doughnuts or bars instead of just eating them straight up (which is why we love them so much), then adding some extra sugar will only help improve upon what could otherwise be a less than ideal experience!
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
Vanilla extract is a key ingredient in this recipe. It’s used to flavor the cheesecake, crust and filling. You can find vanilla extract at most grocery stores or online (Amazon has some great options).
- Use a stand mixer or hand mixer.
- Use a medium bowl and whisk.
- Use a large bowl and whisk.
- Use the whisk attachment for your stand mixer if you have one, or just use your hands for this recipe!
Ingredients list with amounts, directions
- 1 box of cheesecake mix (or graham cracker crust)
- 1 package of Oreo cookies, crushed in a food processor
- 1 cup water or milk (I used 2% milk)
- **Cheesecake should be stored at room temperature. If it has been in the refrigerator, take it out and let it sit at room temperature for about 1 hour before serving.**
- This cheesecake is so amazing that I want to serve a slice of it almost every day for the rest of my life. It’s one of those recipes that are so incredible you just have to share with everyone you know. Plus, it’s super simple – meaning there is no baking required, which means no baking dishes need to be cleaned after. Pretty much a win-win situation!