Homemade butter pie crust is lighter, flakier, and tastier than anything you can buy in a store. An easy recipe for this all-butter pie crust will make you want to bake all the pies.
Butter Pie Crust
- 400 gr Flour
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 200 gr Butter
- 1/4 cup Cold Water, or as needed
- Put the flour and salt in a large bowl and add the cubed butter and mix until the butter is completely incorporated without lumps.
- Add cold water until it becomes a slightly soft dough. Put it in a food film and put it in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Place the dough on a work surface generously sprinkled with flour. Sprinkle flour on the rolling pin and roll out the dough as thin as possible. If necessary, add more flour on the counter. When I spread it out thinly, take the dough with the rolling pin and put it in a pie pan
- Bake it alone or in a pie recipe.