Read Time:1 Minute, 17 Second
A sweet and spiced pumpkin pie is sure to be a hit on your Thanksgiving table. This easy recipe calls for canned pureed pumpkin, so there’s no work waiting for gourds to dry. This pumpkin pie is a great addition to your holiday dinner! The dough for the crust is pretty straightforward, but put it in the freezer to rest before rolling out. The filling requires no cooking, just mix the ingredients together, pour into a prepared single crust, chill and bake.
- 3 Eggs
- 100 gr Brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Ground ginger
- 1 tbsp Nutmeg
- 1 tbsp Cardamon
- 20 ml Lemon juice
- 2 cups Pumkin puree
- 50 ml Heavy Cream
- 1 Homemade pie crust
- Preheat the oven to 200°degrees C.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl. Mix in the brown sugar, white sugar, salt, cinnamon, ground ginger, nutmeg, cardamom, and lemon juice.
- Mix in the pumpkin purée. Stir in the cream. Beat together until everything is well mixed. The mixture will be runny but will set up in the oven.
- Pour the filling into 1 chilled homemade deep-dish pie crust. Bake in the oven at a high temperature of 200°C for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, lower the temperature to 180. The pie will be ready when you insert a toothpick into it and it comes out moist, but clean.
- After it is ready, leave it until it cools down completely. Meanwhile, whip the cream. When the pie has cooled, decorate it with whipped cream.
Here you find the recipe for pie crust